1. A penny saved is… not much. These days, if you really want something, start saving nickels and dimes.
2. If all the cool kids are doing it, don’t.
3. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, get it out of the house before it poops on the floor.
4. Good things come to those who work their butts off.
5. If you get knocked down, you can get right back up. If you get knocked up, it ain’t so easy.
I wouldn't be a mom if I didn't also remind you to make sure and wear sunscreen this summer. Back in the day, we laid out in the sun all day slathered in baby oil. Now we're all wrinkled and crinkled with freaky brown speckles everywhere. Want that to be you? Plus the whole skin cancer threat is very real and very scary.
And, of course, don't forget the sage advice given by John F. Kennedy during his inagural speech in 1961:
Well, back into the chaos. Ciao for now!