We’re heading to Florida and it’s not lost on me that a lot of older teens will be heading in the same direction with lots of friends and zero parents. Nothing like an unsupervised Spring Break trip to get me inspired! So if you’re one of those teens going where too many teens have gone before, I’ve got some words of wisdom:
- First of all, read my Leave No Wild Child Behind post. Rules to live by forever and always. Seriously.
- Know that the risk of getting raped is triple the national average in Daytona Beach. Don’t be a statistic. Stay in groups and stay safe.
- Stay away from dark alleys, balconies, and anyone claiming to have tiger’s blood and Adonis DNA. Also remember that the guys who seem the nicest can end up being the most dangerous.
- Realize that when someone says, ‘Come on, one more won’t make you sick,’ chances are one more will, indeed, make you sick. Also make sure never to drink from a cup you haven’t poured yourself or watched someone pour for you. Ever.
- If you’re still feeling cocky, watch the movie Taken with Liam Neeson. May it scare the bejeezus out of you and instill common sense at the same time. Plus it’s an awesome flick.
Do you know how many Girls Gone Wild videos are in existence? 15? 20? 30? There are over 150. Yep, you heard me right. We’re talking thousands of girls. Of those thousands, you know how many are glad they are in one? Only a handful and it’s because they want to get into the porn industry. The first one was released in 1998, which means many former ‘stars’ are now moms. I’m curious. Do you want to see your mom in a Girls Gone Wild Video? Think your future kids will want to see you? How about your dad? Think he wants to see you in one now?
Well, mini ‘girls gone wild’ videos and action photos can be captured by any cell phone and by anybody. Don’t become a viral video or embarrassing Facebook share. Digital photos, like herpes, last forever.
With that in mind, have a super duper great time! J If you’re trip seems somewhat lackluster, just think of me. I’m about to be stuck in a car 20 hours with my entire family.
bikini photo from jemingway's Flickr photostream